Monday, December 7, 2009

We Did that all in One MOnth?

One of the months on our journey my family pretty much just relaxed in Spain. Our family’s first trip outside of Valencia was when we went to Madrid. We went to Madrid, not only to pick up Sam and Mom-mom, but also to see one of the most famous cities in the world. In Madrid my family saw the “bear and the strawberry tree”, which is a very famous Sculpture in Puerta Del Sol square. My family met with a Priest that we know very well from Delaware. We had dinner with him and he was jokingly, “recruiting us” because he is Vocations Director in Wilmington.

One day we took a day off from seeing Madrid to go to Toledo. While we were there my family saw the biggest Cathedral I have ever seen. It was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L; it was almost as big as the Blue Mosque in Istanbul Turkey, it might be even bigger! We spent three hours on a bus tour and inside the Cathedral. Last but not least we spent an hour eating food. My family wanted to catch the 5:15 P.M. train back to Madrid. There was a mad dash to catch it. A day trip taken, it was back to the Madrid airport to greet our cousin Sam and Grandmother at the gate. Sam and Mom-mom arrived in the Madrid airport, for 10 days of fun. In the week that we enjoyed Sam and Mom-mom’s presence, everyone went to the Cathedral and the beach. While we were at the beach Sam, Pearse, and I tried to build a sand pyramid, but it wasn’t finished because we had to leave and go back home. I think what Sam enjoyed the most was the skate park, which was right outside our apartment. My family’s apartment is on the 29th floor and has the best view of Valencia. We could follow Pearse and Sam from above while they made their way to the park. I am sure that what Mom-mom enjoyed the most was having her brother, and sister in law Andrew and Doreen. They came for around 3 days; originally the plan was to meet at a town named Alicante, but Andrew and Doreen had not seen Valencia yet, my parents decided it would be better to have them come here. Uncle Andrew, Aunt Doreen, Sam, Mom-mom, and my family went to the biggest aquarium in Europe (at least that’s what they said it was).

That was only two of the five weeks. We stayed in Valencia for 10 days with Sam then went back to the Madrid airport for his departure. After Sam and Mom-mom went though security, it was back to the five of us, the traveling gypsies also had a train to catch that day. The first night we really didn’t explore Barcelona all that we did was, just went to a small shop and got two pies of plain pizza ate them then went to bed. The first day was a late start, but we did get to explore a little bit. My family chose to do a city bus tour it finished around 5 o’clock. We went to the Hard Rock Café Barcelona for dinner. Then it was back to the hotel to get some MORE slept. Day two was a little more interesting I felt sick all day long; we did a different route on bus tour. I laid down in our hotel room at 8 o’ clock and went to sleep, this is very strange for me because I usually go to bed around at 11:00 P.M. Day three in Barcelona was “touring day”, that’s what I like to call it. “Touring day” is the day that a museum, church, cathedral, basilica, palace, and or castle, and is unavoidable. We go to the biggest tourist attractions in that city or town and take photos, or maybe even “learn” about something. While my family was on the Metro, a random fat guy with scars kept asking my dad “is this your stop?” He replied with a simple “no” then when the doors opened, it all started… it was a mad dash to get off the subway. During the middle of the craziness someone stole my dads wallet…yes you guessed it the fat guy with scars and his partner who was behind my dad. We cancelled the credit cards in front of the Sagrada Familia Church. All that the pickpockets really got was some worthless plastic, and leather to hold the worthless plastic. We went back to Valencia for the last time, only to end up even more frustrated. We have to pack our winter clothes that haven’t even arrived yet. You need your winter clothes to pack them, don’t you? All is well and now we go to Portugal for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment