Saturday, September 19, 2009

Madonna - The Real One

For the past few days my family was in St. Petersburg Russia and we have done many things; such as the Hermitage Museum, Peter and Paul’s fortress, St. Isaac’s church, one of the top five biggest churches in the world, and also The Church of Christ Resurrection. The thing that I like most about St. Petersburg is the Hermitage Museum. The reason why it was my favorite is because it wasn’t just one thing but the many things we were able to see. It was really diverse. For example in one room there were things that were Egyptian and in the next there would be a room full of Greek Mythology stuff like sculptures and artifacts. We saw a very famous picture by Leonardo DaVinci - it was called “Madonna and Child.” It was a picture of Mary the Virgin Mother of God holding Jesus Christ. The details were fantastic. I noticed that the painting was more important than the others because there were three tour groups in line to see the original painting; we had to weave through people so my mom could get a good picture of painting. I hope that it will not be like this when we go to see the Mona Lisa in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment