Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Big Blue Watery Road......Poseidon, Step Back!

I’m on a boat. That’s the song Seamus, Colleen, and I were thinking about while we traveled in the Baltic Sea for 19 hours. We had a little controversy in the beginning. Apparently my mother only got 2 beds for a family of 6; she accidentally thought we were getting 2 rooms when she filled out the application form. However, all was well because we applied for 4 more and were 4th on the waiting list.
After we got out bedrooms situated we went and hung out in the various rooms provided. The coolest (both parts of the definition) part of the boat had to be the star board bow. In a little corner of the bow was an area of total upraise in wind. As you can see on the right the wind could literally lift up your pants and tear off your shirt(Look at those abs!!!!) Once we got bored of that (actually it got very cold) we went and chilled out in the Panorama Bar, the Starbucks of the ferry. Mom had a few beers, we all drank the orange soda they had, and we played on iPods the entire time while looking at the spectacular view. The sun was extinguished when it touched the grace of the Baltic Sea.
Last night, Colleen and I had to sleep in the 2 separate beds from our family. When I was introduced (by sign language) to my cabin mates I thought it was going to be a nice quiet night while rocking back and forth. Boy was I wrong. The husband and wife were like the characters in a cartoon. A huge snore followed by a high pitched exhale “me me me me me……SSSSSNNNNNOOOORRRRGGGEEEEE…….me me me me me…….” And so on. I decided I had enough and went to get headphones to drone them out. I had a nice night sleep; until at 6:15 they woke up. Let me tell you, they are loud when waking up, AND AT 6 IN THE MORNING, SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!? Eventually I got more sleep and now I really have to go.
Tune in next blog to see if my dad and I run the midnight race in Stockholm, Sweden. (Because of the internet problem we didn’t, however I was rarin to go :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment