Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Boys!

Opera! It has been over 18 years since I saw an Opera at the Vienna State Opera House. The last time I had standing room only and was up close to the rafters. At this point, I can’t remember what I saw. This time it was different. We purchased center balcony seating, and instead of experiencing the Opera alone, I was with my family. It was wonderful to watch the faces of the boys as the Orchestra tuned up and people of all walks of life moved to their seats. The boy’s curiosity was apparent. They were checking out the screen that would present the words in English and wondering how this was all going to work. We had discussed the plot earlier in the day so they would have some understanding of what would take place and the characters. It really was an amazing experience. The Opera was excellent and kept everyone engaged. It was another wonderful experience for the Glavin Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment