Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Seamus's "First" Blog About Prague

The past five days I have experienced things that I thought were only in movies. During the five days I went to Berlin and Prague. While my family was in Prague, we saw the biggest working castle in the world, the Charles Bridge, and we went on a tour of the city. While we were in the castle my brothers and I thought that is was pretty much its own little town. Colleen agreed with us. While we were on the grounds, we took an audio tour that looked like an extended old fashion cell phone. We spent a couple of hours, I thought that the audio guide was going too fast because I felt like it was "fact over load," but it was still really cool to see all of the visuals instead of just reading it from a book. That was all very cool, but knowing my family, it couldn’t possibly be the funniest that happened to us in Prague. The funniest thing was when Colleen and my family took a tour.
It was ninety degrees in the shade, we were in the bus where there were windows in the roof with no air conditioning. My family felt like we were ants under a magnifying glass throughout the forty-five minute ride. Also, we were listening to the headset tour and every place that we visited was “The first ________ in Central Europe.” It said that same line repeatedly, it was annoying but funny to make fun of.

1 comment:

  1. Teacher comment: Well done Seamus. That blog was well laid out and fun to read. You included an appropriate amount of detail with a nice comparison with, "ants under a magnifying glass".

    Friend comment: Did you get to see the astronomical clock? Men were killed over it.

    ReplyDelete