Sunday, November 1, 2009

This I my blog that I wrote on my new MACBOOK PRO 2009 Edition By Seamus


Vienna has many things that I will miss, but I enjoyed every minute of being here. The first of many things that I will miss about Vienna is the PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. While I was in my home in PA we had to drive EVERYWHERE and when I say everywhere I mean EVERYWHERE. In Vienna it was very different, we took the public transportation everywhere the Tram (trolley), the U-Bhan (subway), or Bus (bus). It was easy to get tickets for the public transportation and while you were on any sort of public transportation you felt safe and never threatened. My parent even let us go on it by ourselves many times. Another major thing that I will miss about Vienna is that people helped you if needed it, and almost all of the people spoke a little bit of English. BTW, I don’t speak any German! Almost everyone who we asked to help us, they said “ok”. The apartment we stayed in was “city center” so we were really close to St. Steven’s cathedral, which is the main square, aka platz. One thing I will not miss is some parts of our apartment like IKEA things are everywhere and as Uncle Gene says “IKEA is Swedish for Junk”. I won’t miss the people upstairs, who constantly seem to have a stomping contests called, “let’s see who can stomp the loudest and annoy the Americans.” Well at least that’s how it feels for me on the first floor when laying in bed. I won’t miss the “drunk” people walking by the window who are trying to talk to the whole world and not just the person right next to them. Before we came to Vienna we planned, as a family, which city was going to be our so-called “home base” and I think that picking Vienna was a “Home Run”. I will miss Vienna, but at least it successfully carried us through 4 months (1/3) of our vacation, excursion, travels, or whatever you want to call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment