Saturday, September 19, 2009

Eamon!


“Dfk3j gq3ig.3jhd3afb3v oy3wrt gvn3q be3lrg3f qr3wtl3 wuy3vgv3p2h3jtr3gi----insk” said Seamus. “Jrt3hg t3o8 q73 yw3gtb3 ljv3avd3 rp ug3er 3uyga3j dc3vk a3ye3rhgu3 ia3fovlh----insk” replied Eamon. We are now fluent in Russian. When we arrived in Russia this was all we saw, a different language with an alien alphabet. There was backwards “r’s” and “E’s”, “o’s” with lines through them, and the occasional “><” (all connected). However getting to the hotel was a breeze because we had a van pick us up right out of the gate exit. We had booked with a “Travel Service” that specializes in trips to Russia. We got a tour with the “Travel Service” of St. Petersburg; we visited many sites such as the Peter and Paul Fortress, The Church of Christ Resurrection, St. Isaacs, a quick glance at The Hermitage, and Palace Square. In Peter and Paul’s Fortress a canon goes off every day at 12 p.m. When we were touring around the grounds we noticed a beeping sound alerting us of the canon firing. I snapped the video camera on the capture the faces off my dad and brothers. BOOOM!!!! I played back the video a few moments later (after I calmed down). I had captured the faces of my brothers, but a second later you see the camera shaking rapidly after the shot was fired. I hear my voice yell out “HOLY CRAP!!!!!” Dad said, “Now what did you say about capturing our faces?” I was bewildered; I was looking the wrong way and did not know exactly when the canon would fire. My dad said that some guy on the other side of the river hates 12 because there is a new “divot” everyday in his front lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment