Monday, July 27, 2009

Some Interesting Observations

Walking around Vienna, you see many different things and people. One of the first things you notice is how beautiful the buildings are. Everyone is different and Maurice is talking about doing a poster of the Windows of Vienna because they are all so different and beautiful. With regard to the people - so many of them have multiple-multiple piercings and tatoos. Additionally, they like that you can see them. We saw one guy yesterday running that had a huge tatoo covering his thigh - very strange. With regard tot he piercings - we saw one girl who had a piercing in her gum between her two front teeth. I can't imagine that is comfortable.

The other evening after mass, all the boys were watching the break dancing street performers. I was on the outskirts just people watching. I saw 6 muslim women full dressed in black (only eyes showing), but each of them was carring a Palmers bag. I guess if you can't shop for clothes - this is the next best thing!!
You had to be there to understand. I guess I need to carry my camera even to church so I can capture these "special" moments. Anyway - off to try and coordinate more trips. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment